Sunday 5 February 2012

Salmon hash

The initial intention was to make the salmon burger dish that I saw on an episode of Diners, Drive-ins and Dives on youtube. The salmon patty had ginger, coriander and soya sauce among other ingredients, and it looked so delicious! So today at lunch, I attempted to do this myself. Unfortunately it didn't really turn out like a patty, as it fell apart in the pan, hence I decided to call it hash instead! The flavours were there, unfortunately, the presentation wasn't that great. It was lovely though, I had it with some boiled sweet potatoes and steamed kale. A balanced meal I think!



The ingredients I used to make the hash are:

(serves 2)
2 salmon fillets, roughly chopped
Ginger, finely chopped
1 red onion, finely chopped
coriander, about 2-3 sprigs
1 egg
some mayo (yes!)
2 tablespoons of soya sauce
1 teaspoon of sugar
Generous dash of paper
1 teaspoon of chilli flakes

I seasoned the kale with some lemon juice and salt. I find kale quite rich in flavour, rather buttery. A dash of lemon juice brought some lightness to the vege, and made it yummier in my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment