Sunday 12 February 2012

Apple crumble cake

I baked! Yay! I found the whole baking process very comforting, and very soothing. Okay, I guess creaming butter and sugar may not sound like the perfect way to de-stress, but I found it relaxing. I think everyone should give it a try!

Mmmm... 


Unfortunately I didn't have any vanilla extract, or cinnamon to give the cake the wow factor. However when it was warm out of the oven, with some vanilla ice cream, it was perfect. So comforting. The crumble at the top was crusty and slightly on the crunchy side. I was picking the small pieces off the top of the cake. Love crunchy stuff.

All ready for the oven


I got the recipe from a food blog, I googled apple crumble cake and selected the "Images" view. I clicked on a picture (It turned out to be from this amazing blog which I am starting to read), and hey presto, the recipe sounded very simple and indeed it was very easy to follow! My crumble didn't turn out as glorious as on the blog, that's probably because I didn't read it carefully enough, and didn't do a lot of the last step. I added some demerara sugar in the crumble for the added crunch. I reckon adding some chopped nuts in the crumble would be yummy as well. I didn't use Granny Smiths, instead I used some apples I got from Tesco that says "Cooking apples". I think they were braeburn, though it was green (I always thought braeburn was pink/red-dish. I guess they were really unripe!). It turned out good as well.


It turned to be quite a big cake, I made two batches of the recipe, as one batch barely covered the base of the cake tin. I guess I was too ambitious! Half of the cake is finished though, I'm glad D is around to help me eat it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment