Friday 9 March 2012

Omelette, fried potatoes and tomato salad

Sometimes I just have cravings for certain types of dishes, or food of certain textures. On one fine morning last weekend, I craved for eggs. In my mind, I was thinking of the Lurpak advert, where a guy comes home from work late at night, and makes himself the most delicious looking omelette ever. It looked buttery, with soft insides. Yum!!

I wanted to replicate that, but I had only had one egg in the fridge! Just one! So I thought it was a bit hard to make a thick omelette, like in the advert. So I tried to jazz it up a little.



To make the omelette, I first beat the egg, and seasoned with pepper. The twist was the addition of ground cayenne pepper. I don't use cayenne pepper much before, but these days, I tend to add it to almost everything! The cayenne pepper gives a lovely sweetness to the egg, and I didn't find it spicy at all. Once the egg was almost cooked, I added a generous portion of shredded cheddar, that's why I didn't add salt earlier.

The potatoes was easy as well! I cubed one large potato, par boiled it, and fried it in 2 tablespoons of olive oil until slightly brown. Again I added the cayenne, and seasoned with salt and pepper.

The tomatoes was even easier! Just roughly diced, and seasoned with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and a touch of sugar, served which some baby rocket leaves.

I also had one frankfurter. Breakfast was so good! Definitely gave me the morning boost that I needed :)


No comments:

Post a Comment