Thursday 1 March 2012

Misato

Misato is a no fuss little cafe located in Chinatown, London. There's always a queue, but believe me, it's worth it. Food comes in large portions (which is always a plus for me), and always piping hot. I can't really comment on the authenticity, but the flavours were good, and I never leave the cafe feeling dissatisfied.


Chicken karaage with rice, salad and a dollop of mayo

I ordered the chicken karaage, deep fried juicy pieces of chicken, that came with some steamed rice and salad. The salad was very simple; it consisted of sliced lettuce, some tangy dressing, and a single cherry tomato. But it fulfilled the role of a compulsory vege side dish. I was extremely hungry (I had this meal at about 2.30pm) and this hit the spot.

Z ordered a serve of tempura, which consists of vegetable (aubergine, sweet potato and mushroom) and prawn tempura. The batter was crunchy, and oh so good!! The tempura came with some sweetish, salty dipping sauce.


Z also ordered a bento, that came with a generous serving of salmon cooked in some teriyaki-wine sauce. The sauce was so delicious! I plan to order that the next time I go to Misato.

It's not fancy at all, far from it, but service is quick and efficient. If you're keen on fuss free, good, affordable Japanese food, Misato is definitely the place to go to.






No comments:

Post a Comment