Saturday 28 January 2012

Pan fried salmon for dinner

Dinner tonight was yummy! I pan fried salmon and stir fried some okra with some dried shrimp paste. I marinated the salmon pieces with ginger, honey, soy and some rice vinegar. The initial intention was to make some home made teriyaki sauce, but somehow, it didn't turn out to taste like teriyaki sauce unfortunately. It probably was because of the lack of one key ingredient in making teriyaki: mirin. Oh well, it turned pretty yummy anyways, if I may say so myself! :) Z and W enjoyed it, so I was happy! :) I didn't use any measurements, as I am rubbish with being precise! Just adjust it to your taste, if you like it sweeter, just add more honey.



The okra was stir-fried with plenty of garlic, courtesy of Z's enthusiastic peeling and chopping. I used the dried shrimp paste I got from home, and put about a tablespoon in towards the end. The shrimp paste already has hints of chilli (it's not actually belacan, more like grounded dried shrimp in chilli oil), and gives a lovely spicy hint to the dish.


With a plate of steamed rice,  dinner was very satisfying :)

P.S: While I'm writing this, Z is trying to peep and read the post! It's only my second entry, and for some reason, I would feel a bit funny if he reads it in front of me. Maybe next time I'll have that weird feeling less :)




No comments:

Post a Comment