Saturday 28 January 2012

First post!

I've always wanted to start a food blog, and always seem to find the excuse not to. Too busy with work and studies, not a great cook anyways etc etc. But I was thinking in the shower just now, why wait longer? Why have so many excuses to start a food blog? I've been eating yummy meals recently, and have been taking some photos as well. I LOVE food, and actually count it as one of my hobbies. Documenting it all sounds like a perfect opportunity to share my love for food.

Right, now enough of the waffle, and here goes my first post! I actually had this meal some time ago, in New York when I went to visit Z. I was in Central Park, and when it was lunch time, wandered around to find some food. I ended up at TGI Fridays, hungry, and rather tired, as I had been walking for close to 3 hours!


This was what I had! Italian sausage, spinach and cheese ( I believe it was parmesan, but I can't quite recall now) omelette with spicy potatoes. It was delicious, and really hit the spot! The egg was creamy, and the addition of spinach gave it the healthy edge. The potatoes were fluffy, but was crispy at the edges. Yums!One disappointment was the sausage, I thought it was a little on the dry side. The portion was huge, as expected of TGI's and I didn't manage to finish this unfortunately. I can't recall how much it was, I believe it was c. USD 15. It also came with some bread. Well worth it me thinks!

I also found it interesting that the calorie content of each dish was disclosed in the menu. I have yet to see this in the UK. It'll probably stop me from ordering dessert! (or at least think twice:p)

That's all for my first post. I will endeavour to post as often as I can, this shall be one of my New Year's resolutions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment